Here is a quick recipe to utilise your left over chicken from last night or to up your party game with a fancy looking party snack. These bite sized beauties are sure to steal anyone's attention! And I promise you they score a 10/10 on deliciousness and crunchiness too!! try them yourself and find out :)
Monaco biscuits (2 big packs)
Chicken (shredded) (1 medium bowl)
Carrot ( grated) (1/2 carrot) (I prefer the orange carrot for this dish over the red one)
Spring onion (3) (finely sliced)
Fresh red chilli (1) (finely sliced) (optional)
Coriander (2 tbsp)
Schezuan Sauce (2 tsp)
Tomato Sauce (3 tbsp)
Processed cheese (1 cube) (grated)
Mayonnaise (2 tbsp)
Black pepper powder (1/2 tsp)
Plain flour (3 tbsp)
Roasted vermicelli (3 tbsp) (crushed) (optional)
Butter (1 tbsp)
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
- You can either use cooked left over chicken from last nights dinner or use freshly boiled chicken, but when using left over chicken be sure to remove all the gravy or spices that you might not want the flavour of. Although personally I would mix both the flavours and pray the new one turns out good:)
- Heat the butter in a non-stick fry pan. Add the spring onions, carrot, red chilli and coriander to it and mix well.
- Cook for two minutes while stirring in between. Add the chicken and mix well.
- Add the schezuan sauce (I used the Ching's stir fry schezuan sauce), tomato sauce, black pepper powder and salt to this.
- Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the cheese and mayonnaise to the chicken mixture and mix well. The heat will make the cheese melt and the mixture will become sticky.
- In a bowl mix the plain flour in half cup of water and set aside.
- Take a monaco biscuit and place a small amount of chicken mixture on it and cover it with another monaco biscuit, slightly press the biscuits so as to make them stick together. Repeat this with all the biscuits and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- In a flat plate crush the vermicelli and keep it handy.
- Dip the double biscuits that we set aside it the flour batter and then roll them in the vermicelli.
- Finally fry the biscuits in hot oil for half a minute on each side on low flame. You just want the batter to cook and get a slightly golden brown colour.
- Remove in a paper towel and serve Hot:)