Pages

Saturday 18 February 2012

My custard cake with fresh fruits


What do you do when you get a craving for something sweet at 11 in the night?! You would probably search the fridge out, that’s exactly what I did but instead of picking up some chocolates and gulping them down I decided to cook!! Another search in the fridge and I knew what I was making some fruits, milk, eggs and tada!! Another 20 minutes and I was enjoying my hot custard cake with fresh fruits!! And this is by far my best custard cake!! Here is the recipe hope you enjoy it as much as I did:)
Ingredients:
Vanilla slice cake (2)
Milk (1 cup)
Fresh cream (¼ cup)
Egg (1)
Fresh fruits (Orange, chikoo, strawberry and green grapes) (diced)
Sugar (3tbsp)
Powdered white sugar (¼ cup)
Vanilla essence (1-2 drops)
Method:


  1. Put the oven to preheat at 150 degrees. 
  2. Take a flat circular mould and Heat 3tbsp of sugar in a till it melts and turns golden brown and swirl to coat the sides of the mould. Keep aside to cool. 
  3. Mix the sugar in the milk and add a beaten egg and cream to it. Add the vanilla essence and mix well. 
  4. Crush the cake finely in the mould that has been coated with sugar. Put the fruits and pour the milk mix into the mould. 
  5. Cook in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 mins. Once done let it cool.
  6. To serve, place a plate over the mould, hold firmly in place and turn over gently. 
  7. The custard cake will turn over onto the plate, caramel side up! Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...